Featured Generic Drug Products from Falcon Pharmaceuticals at FalconPharma.com
Pilocarpine Hydrochloride Ophthalmic Solution
Compares to ISOPTO® Carpine Solution by Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
| NDC# 6131420315
| 15 mL, 1%
15 mL, 2%
15 mL, 4%
Falcon Pharmaceuticals is proud to offer the only FDA approved pilocarpine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution.
On June 22, 2010 Alcon Laboratories, Inc. received a new drug application (NDA) approval for ISOPTO® Carpine (pilocarpine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution) 1%, 2% and 4% making it the only FDA approved pilocarpine hydrochloride ophthalmic solutions. Falcon Pharmaceuticals, Ltd., an affiliate of Alcon Laboratories, Inc., offers an FDA approved product for patients that are prescribed ISOPTO® Carpine Solution. Falcon’s Pilocarpine HCl Ophthalmic Solution 1%, 2% and 4%, is available for immediate shipment.
INDICATIONS AND USAGE:
- The reduction of elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
- The management of acute angle-closure glaucoma.
- The prevention of postoperative elevated IOP associated with laser surgery.
- The induction of miosis.
DOSING AND ADMINISTRATION:
- Instill one drop in the eye(s) up to four times daily.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS:
- Poor illumination: Exercise caution in night driving and other hazardous occupations in poor illumination.
- Pre-existing retinal disease: Rare cases of retinal detachment have been reported; a thorough examination of the retinaincluding funduscopy is advised in all patients prior to the initiation of therapy.
- Iritis: Caution is advised in patients with iritis.
- Congenital glaucoma: Caution is advised in pediatric patients with primary congenital glaucoma for control of IOP as cases of a paradoxical increase in IOP have been reported.
Most common adverse reactions are headache/browache, accommodative change, eye irritation, eye pain, blurred vision, and/or visual impairment.
Please see full prescribing information.